Sunday, June 14, 2009

Fun

Can I just say I love this time of year. Every year out front on our pillars we have the same family of birds that return each year and build a nest, lay eggs and then we have baby birds for a few weeks. It is so fun! Anyone that comes to visit us gets dive bombed by the daddy and mama birds. Usually this happens in may and by now we are well on our way to baby birds. However, last year the neighbors cat came and knocked the nest down and destroyed the eggs. Needless to say I was beyond upset!! So this year they didn't return. Or so I thought....the other day Juli and Kali started yelling "Mom, Mom hurry come out front." Sure enough they came back....oh the joy, oh the fun!! We all love it and everyone is as bad as I am (even though they won't openly admit it) about checking on the birds several times each day. It is going to be fun to see the progress of this little family.....the neighbors cat just better stay away!! (or I am going to get REAL mad).

No comments:

Post a Comment