I have decided it is essential for this mother to post a thought each week on my blog and my refrigerator for the family to see. I have a journal that I keep my best thoughts in that I refer to all the time and I think it is time to share. Here is the thought that is going on my fridge this week. CUSS FREE ZONE - why this you may ask?? I saw this article in a church news and loved it and I want my house to be a cuss free zone always. Here is the article: Apparently, swearing has become so commonplace that when this Southern California city declared itself a "cuss-free zone" for the first week of March, the media saw it as big news. All the fuss came bout through the efforts of McKay Hatch, a freshman at South Pasadena High School and founder of the "No Cussing Club". A South
Pasadena proclamation that the first week in March will be No Cussing Week was proposed by McKay. It quoted Mayor Michael
Cacciotti saying of the
proclamation, "It provides us a reminder to be more civil, to elevate the level of discourse. McKay said, "My mom and dad always taught me good m orals, good values, and not cussing was one of them." A member of the South Pasadena Ward, McKay formed his club while attending middle school. It now has members in all 50 states, a total of more than 10,000 worldwide.
WHAT A GREAT CAUSE!!!
That's one of my favorite things on the fridge. I always stop to read it. :) You're so cool mom!!
ReplyDelete