Saturday, February 21, 2009

February 21, 1989

Today as we were at the hospital in West Jordan visiting a ward member I realized it was exactly 20 years ago that my very own daddy passed away today.  Can I just say that I loved and still love him so much???  I tell my kids all the time they would have absolutely loved my dad.  They were very young when he died and their recollection of him is nearly gone.  He was the best dad any girl could ask for.  Of course I was his baby.  Whenever he introduced me to anybody no matter how old I was he always said "This is my baby."  I loved it and was never embarrassed.  

He was a great example of the gospel, hardwork and how to be happy and enjoy every moment in life.   Tifani was a very hard baby (she cried alot - I am sure because of colic) but whenever we would go visit mom and dad she would curl up on his lap for hours on end and he would rock her forever.  Him and mom would come by our little tiny home in Boise and ask if they could take Stephani with them.  She loved to be kidnapped by Grandma and Grandpa because she got whatever she wanted -which of course included a meal at Popeye's chicken.  They always called Stephani  - Their little "ladybug".  Which stuck with her forever since we often still call her "Bug".  

Whenever we would go to visit before we left Dad would always ask the girls to sing for him.  Along with Perry they would sing primary songs, Joseph and several other songs.  Even though they were only 4 and 6 they sang at his funeral.  His very favorite song was "Where is Heaven."  It concludes by saying - When your with the ones you love it's right where you are."  So true!!  Heaven is the time that I get to spend with my family right here on earth.  I am so blessed!

I am so thankful Heavenly Father sent me to the parents that I had.  I was loved and learned how to love.  Someday I hope they can wrap their arms around me again and tell me what a good job I was able to do along with their small promptings from Heaven.  I love you Mom and Dad!!  

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for going to the hospital with me today. You brighten the lives of those you know and meet, your parents would be very proud. LUV P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have come with you. He was my favorite, and I will never forget him. You never know when the last time you see somebody will be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat little tribute to your dad - I am so glad that you got to see Brother L - once more before he died. I am also so grateful for my wonderful parents - I couldn't have been more blessed being sent to such a wonderful family and parents. I love you both very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sure...make me cry. I believe we could both say we have been born of goodly parents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It makes me sad that my kids never got to meet them. They would have loved going to their house! I know I loved it as a kid. I know they were awesome parents because look at the kids they raised that turned into the best parents in the world!

    ReplyDelete