Friday, February 20, 2009

Thought for the Week

Here is my thought for this week.  It comes from a Women's Conference that I attended at BYU in 2006.  It is from Sandra Rogers - She is the person in charge of Women's Conference and always does a fantastic job!!  Us girls live for Women's Conference - YEA!!!!  Great memories.

"Rise to the Divinity Within You"  
We need to be confident about who we are.  Satan is trying to destroy us, to undermine our divine roles.  There is no confusion as to who we are.  The prophets have told us who we are.  We are "Children of God" with a divine role for each of us.  We need to rise to our inherent potential. Don't ever subdue your divine nature.  Remember that you are spiritual offspring of God the Father.  If we know this we will never fall.  Don't ever struggle or doubt as to who you really are.  
We all have dents and scratches but we have potential.  Find your spiritual gift that has been given to you, individually.  Remember  - "I am a work in progress."  Don't nag yourself with thoughts of failure.  Pres. Hinckley said "Try a little harder to rise to the divine nature within you."  We can make steady progress in the "hands of the Master."  We can't be a match in the darkness we must be a huge fire!!

2 comments:

  1. That is a way good quote I love it! I hope I can come to women's conference again this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good and so important to always be thinking about!

    ReplyDelete